CUMULUS RADIO IN NEW YORK (WPLJ, WABC, NASH and WNBM) is seeking a talented and dynamic Account Executive who thrives in a fast-paced working environment. We are looking for a passionate, motivated, goal-oriented and highly competitive individual with a proven track record of over-achieving sales goals. We hire driven, resourceful, organized, customer-focused problem solvers who have great communication skills and the ability to cultivate client relationships. In return, we offer a unique career opportunity: one where you are given a challenging mission, world-class tools to help you succeed, and the chance to realize your full potential as a sale’s professional.
• Able to identify client business needs by gaining a deep understanding of their goals, objectives and processes as well as their external environment including key market and consumer trends to proactively develop customized advertising solutions to meet client objectives
• Deliver effective multi-platform, integrated sales presentations (broadcast, digital, events); negotiation and closing
• Beyond our broadcast products, have strong familiarity and become full-versed in selling both Cumulus’ station digital assets (e.g. streaming, stations website and social advertising) and digital audience extension products to deliver a complete marketing solution to advertisers
• Excel at prospecting and aggressively seeking new clientele by networking, cold calling, canvassing, referrals or other means to build and maintain a full pipeline of sales prospects
• Follow all station and corporate procedures for preparing orders, resolving billing issues, submitting regular reports regarding sales, pipeline lists, forecasts and competitive analysis
• Stay abreast of the competitive landscape and emerging technologies to best position Cumulus in the marketplace
• Think creatively and generate original ideas
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, social networking platforms and CRM tools
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience developing new business relationships in an outside sales role
• Excellent presenter to clients of sales opportunities and post-sale successes
• Strong understanding of lead generation and ability to connect with viable prospects
• Comprehension of sales metrics in order to fill a sales funnel and robust pipeline of residual business
• Positive attitude with the willingness to get beyond comfort zone to grow professionally
• High energy and passion for the job
• Flexible and creative
• Digitally savvy
• Media Sales background preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or related field is preferred
What we offer:
• Competitive pay with uncapped earning potential
• Focused, responsible and collaborative work environment with the ability, to ask “what if” and try innovative solutions
• Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance coverage
• 401K with company match to plan for the long-term
• Paid Vacation & Holidays
Who We Are:
A leader in the Radio Broadcasting industry, Cumulus Media combines high-quality local programming with iconic, nationally syndicated media, sports and entertainment brands to deliver premium content choices to the 245 million people reached each week through its 454 owned-and-operated stations broadcasting in 90 US media markets (including eight of the top 10), more than 8,200 broadcast radio stations affiliated with its Westwood One network and numerous digital channels.
Together, the Cumulus/Westwood One platforms make Cumulus Media one of the few media companies that can provide advertisers with national reach and local impact. Cumulus/Westwood One is the exclusive radio broadcast partner to some of the largest brands in sports and entertainment, including the NFL, the NCAA, the Masters, the Olympics, and the GRAMMYs. Additionally, it is the nation’s leading provider of country music and lifestyle content through its NASH brand, which serves country fans nationwide through radio programming, NASH Country Weekly magazine, concerts, licensed products and Television / video.
For more information about Cumulus Media, please visit www.cumulus.com
Cumulus Media is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.